SOCIAL

23 . Host playdate/morning tea at home at least 12 times (3/12)
24 . Have J's 幼馴染 over at least once a year (0/3)
25 . Have J's friends(manatee) over at least once a year (0/3)
26 . Have J's parents over at least once every 4 months (0/8)





PROGRESS REPORTS
23. (1/12)
13/7/2010 Had E and E over. Wanted to make it a proper lunch, but ended up with just bread, salad and oven-roasted chicken to myo s/w. Jelly for dessert.

6/1/2011 Had The European Stylist over to visit in the morning (thanks so much for coming all the way out to see us!!) and then old friends from Tokyo, M, H and T over in the afternoon. With L having just cut his first tooth, after a seriously sleepless night, I can't say that it was how I would ideally host, but it was great to have people over after a string of cancelled luncheons in Nov/Dec due to illness.
Lunch was lasagna with spinach and carrot and a bit of sweet potato hidden in there and tasted ok despite my pasta sheet layering mishap (don't know *what* I was thinking when I put a layer of pasta sheets on the bottom of the dish -- burnt to smithereens, lol). No home made goodies from me, although M did bring some homemade cookies which were delish!!

Feb 7th
Had kinda valentine party for K's friends from playgroup. Y, E and older bro H, and M and A came along.Made lasagna in the end made properly this time. I had wanted to be more adventurous, but in the end L was clingy and that was about the best I could do. We DID make almond cookies, in the shape of hears for V Day tho!

26. This is working out easy too -- just in the last quater, they stayed over for my birthday weekend, and Christmas day celebrations (on the 23rd), also had them over early in Oct when going out to get pre-school applications. I am glad I included this item though, as it does make me think about having them over to stay several times a year, as opposed to us just visiting them. Not sure if they like it that way or not though.....day before Xmas they said they would come after dinner, but arrived at 5pm -- they said they already had dinner!!! I was insulted that they would eat dinner then arrive at OUR dinner time....I know that MIL thinks I don't do ANYTHING around the house (bcoz J usually "cooks" for them when they are here, ony bcoz we do Japanese food for them like sushi or whathaveyou) but I was quite put out that they would go to the effort of saying they would eat first, only to arrive right on dinner time.... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment