MONEY AND SAVINGS

56 . Start Mon-Sun week budget and refresh self each Monday for 12 weeks in a row (0/12)
57 . Once completed above, continue with 家計簿 every month.
58 . Make a bank book in each child's name.
59 . Use this bank book to make an education fund, depositing at least 5,000 yen per child per month (adjust as budget allows).
60 . Save 10万円 in 500yen coins
61 . Go three whole months (not necessarily in succession) without buying any single clothing item for any member of the family (0/3)
62 . Get our weekly shopping (groceries only) down to 6000 yen (hahaha! Can only try I guess…)
63 . Be able to put away 5000yen a month to pay back money for the car.
64 . Be able to put at least 5000 yen away per month for a travel fund



PROGRESS REPORT
7/2/2010 Got a headstart with the 500yen coin collection, as found a stash (8500yen worth!) of 500yen coins, yay! Have found it easy to throw 500yen coins in the tin as the week progresses, actually I try to MAKE 500yen coins in change, but realised that if I keep on doing this, I will run out of money, so have deciced to keep the 55yens in my purse, and if they are still there at the end of the budget month, then I shall put them in the money box.

5000yen a month savings - just realised that in effect, we are actually putting away just under 5000yen a month with our loan repayment, as I always put a bit extra into the a/c each month. So this shouldn't be hard to make a 5000yen a month commitment.


#58.
10/2/2010 Tried to open an a/c for K at the post office, but need an inkan to do it - an inkan for a 2year old (rolls eyes). So am trying to decide if we make one for her,or which inkan we use

9/1/2011 Both kids have accounts, and all their birth gift money and new years money is going into it. Also hoping to add their child allowance into it (currently it goes into a diff a/c so need to withdraw it a couple of times a year in lump sums and transfer to their individual accounts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment